The evil eye is real, we all know that.
Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger as saying:
The influence of an evil eye is a fact. [Sahih Muslim]
Scholars define the evil eye as the repeated looking at the object of jealousy with evil feelings and intention of harm.
However, we also know from our tradition that every affliction has a means of healing.
Jabir reported Allah’s Messenger as saying:
So, while we’ve been warned of the evil eye, we’ve also learned that:
- there are precautions to take against it, and
- there are means of healing for if one has been afflicted with it.
Now, our questions to our dear followers are:
- How do you identify whether you’ve been afflicted with the evil eye?
- How does this affect your productivity?
- What do you do about it?
- Do you regularly take precautions against the evil eye? What exactly do you do?